Environment Friendly Integrated Sustainable Agriculture Development Project
Name of the Project: Environment Friendly Integrated Sustainable Agriculture Development Project
Project Site:Panchkhal Municipality (Ward No 1 to 13), Kavrepalanchok District, Province No. 3, Nepal
Project Duration: 5 years ( September 2017- August 2022)
Project Sector: Sustainable Agriculture
Donor: Love Green Japan/JICA Yokohama
Chemical based agricultural practices in Panchkhal Municipality will be transformed into a
environment friendly sustainable agricultural practices by the end of the project.
- Sustainable Agricultural practice will be introduced in Panchkhal Municipality through IPM/Organic agriculture training among leader women farmers and general farmers.
- Sustainable livestock practice will be introduced to/among leader women farmers and general farmers in Panchkhal Municipality.
- Local natural environment will be enhanced through intensive plantation of multipurpose fuel-wood, fodder and fruit trees in beneficiary farmers land and in community land in the project site.
- Small Agricultural Infrastructure like irrigation canal renovation and rain-water community pond will be developed in the project site.
- Appropriate methods of agro-product processing and marketing will be disseminated among leader women farmers and general farmers in Panchkhal Municipality.
- Public awareness building on Sustainable Agriculture and chemical hazard will be enhanced through intensive mass media campaign.
- Users group members leadership capacity and institutional strength of the group will be enhanced.